Legal Aid for Drink Driving

Our Firm unfortunately do not offer Motoring Solicitors Legal aid in cases, we solely operate on a privately paying basis.

Legal Aid has changed dramatically over the years since it was introduced. Under the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO), legal aid is very rarely granted for minor motoring offence cases in the Magistrates Court.

Can You Get Legal Aid for Drink Driving?

In very serious motoring offences such as dangerous driving, Legal Aid may be available but, only for specific circumstances. This is means tested and therefore, not everyone is eligible for this, unless your case is being held in the Crown Court.

Also, It will need to be a case where it is felt that you need to be legally aided, in the interests of justice.

Even if your case is being heard in the Crown Court and legal aid is granted you can still be asked to pay some costs, this is often referred to as a ‘claw back.’

For further information regarding legal aid, you should refer to the government site.

Alternatively, should you require some more information on anything that you have read here or looking for representation from expert motoring solicitors, then please don’t hesitate to contact us!

Manchester Office: 0161 839 5117

London Office: 0207 903 5144

Looking for Something Else?

Drink Driving Solicitors | Drug Driving Solicitors | 12 Points on Licence?